Grounded Strategies is a nonprofit working to improve community health through the process of advancing environmental justice, building capacity, and transitioning land use liabilities into community assets.
The ideal person for this role is someone who is looking for an internship or fellowship to support academic requirements
Description: Grounded Strategies seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts.
This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for a community-based nonprofit organization.
While focused on Marketing and Communications efforts, all team members generally spend some amount of time in the field, connecting with residents and assisting on project build days. As such, we’d love to find a fit that is excited about our mission and approach as a whole.
Approximately 20 hours a week
This position would work with our Director of Operations
• Update and maintain Grounded’s social media presence (use of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn)
• Create a digital marketing calendar and process to drive ongoing digital content
• Determine channel roles and messaging approach for the different audiences of Grounded
• Curate and organize images and videos to utilize across digital and social
• Assist in planning, writing and managing emails for CRM database (currently use Salesforce and MailChimp)
• Educate staff around new digital innovation and channels to tap for marketing efforts
• Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
• Help keep CRM updated with workday sign up lists and new newsletter signups
• Update the website when needed (Wordpress)
• Evaluate potential outside marketing and communication vendors and partners
• Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, channels, and venues for marketing and communications
• Participate in Marketing Committee meetings and contributing to the strategy
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
• Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Advertising,
Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
• Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
• Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in
Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
• An effective communicator, both written and oral
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet
• Enthusiasm for the mission of Grounded PGH and the communities we serve
Your application was submitted successfully.